Beth Israel Congregation - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Beth Israel is committed to matching our actions with the words of our prayers, via gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness) and Tikkun Olam (repairing our world). It is very important to us that we observe these fundamentals of Jewish principle.
If you’re new to the community or have time to share, volunteer for a group below or a synagogue committee. We always have room for more.
The following welcoming groups are interested in hearing from you:
- The blood drive
- Help us staff the overflow shelter for the homeless as part of Ann Arbor’s Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Join our Social Action Committee and explore ways to green the synagogue and support programs of local and global interest
- Beth Israel Gardeners work plot of land at the County Farm Park and grow produce that is donated to Food Gatherers through the Faith and Food initiative
- Join the Chevra Nechama and help console and support those members who have recently lost a loved one
- Join the Beth Israel Mitzvah connection to assist fellow members with transportation, meals, errands, visits, or phone contact
- The Beth Israel Mitzvah connection is our congregational safety net in addition to providing needed services, these and other communal efforts strengthen the connection of our congregants to the community.
For more information, please Contact Us.