Beth Israel Congregation - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Our Women’s League is a multi-generational group of involved and active women. A dynamic year-round series of events enhances Jewish ideals and values, and helps to support critical areas of our congregation. Women’s League is committed to supporting Jewish education in the home, synagogue and community.
Our members are dynamic women who embrace interesting and meaningful projects. In addition to the Torah Fund, our annual fundraiser for the Jewish Theological Society, Women’s League is active in the Jewish communities of Washtenaw and Wayne Counties.
We are excited for the coming year. Working together we can do amazing things!
Women’s League Activities Highlights:
- Women’s League hosts well-attended Beth Israel Cafés.
- Beth Israel Gift Shop makes a substantial contribution to WL’s treasury
- Women’s League creates unique Rosh Chodesh programming
- Women’s League presents Bar/Bat Mitzvah gifts to each B’nai Mitzvah
- Women’s League sends cards for lifecycle events
- Women’s League participates in the CROP walk, raising money for Mazon
WL Donates to:
- BIRS to fund professional development for their staff
- BIC’s Love Boat Fundraiser with a full-page tribute ad honoring Beth Israel’s Minyan captains
- Jewish Chaplains serving in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Torah Fund and the Jewish Theological Seminary
- Support Beth Israel’s Alternative Spring Break program for our high school students
- Board members attended the regional Women’s League conference
- Widens the circle and strengthens our connections within Beth Israel and the Jewish community
- Supports Beth Israel Religious School
- Partners with Issac Agree Downtown Synagogue in Detroit
- Provides meaningful opportunities for participation in Mitzvot Together
Contact Renee Bock for membership information.