Beth Israel Congregation - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Beth Israel is the place to be throughout the entire year.
We offer many fun and exciting programs for people of all ages, including:
- Barbecue dinners in the summer followed by an outdoor Kabbalat Shabbat service
- A Toast to the New Year in the early fall
- Hanukah Party
- Multi-media Quiz Night in the winter
- Community-wide Yom Hazikaron ceremony in the spring
- Many other special activities on each Jewish holiday
There are also many regular educational programs on Shabbat and during the week for our community to learn and have fun. This includes, a comprehensive series of programs for preschoolers and their families, including Tot Shabbat twice a month, Tot Dinners for Jewish holidays, and a High Holiday celebration provide wonderful opportunities and quality family time every month.
Other incredible activities include many Tikkun Olam projects, such as hosting a temporary homeless shelter in the winter, volunteering for Alpha House, food drives for local food banks, and a blood drive, special speakers and programs on selected Friday nights, and many adult education offerings.
Whatever your interest, there are programs for you at Beth Israel.